tirsdag 8. juli 2008

You're My Man - L. Cohen


So, the other day I passed the bookstore, and there it was! "Life of Leonard Cohen".
There was no way around it, so I just had to drop in and hand over my cash. . . But the pretty thing is, I got the book!

Cohens music never grows old, it reaches out to you in so many levels. I've listened to his music since I was young, I can thank my father for that. And as I've grown older I've just grown fonder to his sound. His voice soothes me when I need comfort, you can get wrapped up in his amazing use of words and his honesty is impeccable.

He is by far one of the greatest artists and poets of our time.


Let judges secretly despair of justice: their verdicts will be more acute. Let generals secretly despair of triumph; killing will be defamed. Let priests secretly despair of faith: their compassion will be true.

- Leonard Cohen

I don't consider myself a pessimist. I think of a pessimist as someone who is waiting for it to rain. And I feel soaked to the skin.
- Leonard Cohen

Let's top it off with my top three L. Cohen songs list (hard picking out favorites):
1. A Thousand Kisses Deep (get's me every single time!)
2. Famous Blue Raincoat

3. Everybody Knows



Ingen kommentarer: